Time is free, diesel is not! So here we bob in the Atlantic Ocean. Hoping the wind will change. I have been so excited the past few days that sleep was just futile. I would sleep the minimum amount, but as soon as my eyes opened I was up on deck. Having the 10p-4a shift requires one to get used to sleeping in sunlight. It has been difficult. But today I crashed and crashed hard! Charles and I have a pact that if we get tired during our shift we can pass out and set the alarm to wake us up in 15 minutes. So at 1:15am I could barely keep my eyes open. I set the alarm and passed out. I woke up 15 minutes later to Charles shaking me. He had heard the alarm from downstairs. He woke me up and told me to go to bed. I could barely speak. I went downstairs and passed out.
I woke up at 11am. I made lunch and passed out again. I was so tired. When I woke up Charles asked me if I was sick. I think I feel fine. Maybe I am anemic. I have huge bruises from running into things on the boat. Its impossible to walk a straight line!
So Charles decided to change up the shifts. We are going to share the nighttime hours and then when it’s light we are in less danger and can sleep if we need to. So he took the 10-2am shift and I took the 2am to 5:30 shift. After that I napped. And Charles napped too. Give or take an hour for eating, we slept all day. I set my internal alarm to wake me up every 30 minutes to check on the seas, but again…there was nothing. Quiet.
I woke up at 11am. I made lunch and passed out again. I was so tired. When I woke up Charles asked me if I was sick. I think I feel fine. Maybe I am anemic. I have huge bruises from running into things on the boat. Its impossible to walk a straight line!
So Charles decided to change up the shifts. We are going to share the nighttime hours and then when it’s light we are in less danger and can sleep if we need to. So he took the 10-2am shift and I took the 2am to 5:30 shift. After that I napped. And Charles napped too. Give or take an hour for eating, we slept all day. I set my internal alarm to wake me up every 30 minutes to check on the seas, but again…there was nothing. Quiet.
Quiet Sunset
No comments:
Post a Comment