The Pico wine is delicious and cheap! I can not describe the shouts of glee that came from Megan and Charles as they first looked upon a wall of wine at the store, the prices seeming to cry "buy us oh thirsty sailors, buy us!".
1.5 euro, 2 euro, 3.5 euro, oh my! Even with the dollar spiteing us at every turn this is some good value. We bought plenty, and returned and bought plenty more, and so on and so on. The restaruants don't mark up the price much either. I love Portugal!
So, with this in mind we had to visit the wine country of Pico. Beautiful. Charles was disapointed in the Wine Musuem however. It was beautifully done, but with no placards and no staff. I gave him a tour with flowering explanations of the different equipment and buildings. But he didn't seem to get the value he required from the 3 mile trek to the site.
Vineyards growing in Pico. The hills are so steep and the grapes are so heavy. They use the lava stone walls to help support the grapes so they do not crush. Or maybe I made that up at the musuem. Not sure.
Megan and Charles at the Wine Museum of Pico.
Charles´picture of Megan with a red door.
No comments:
Post a Comment