I think they were bored.
We drank, we ate, we walked the docks and viewed the beautiful boats, we visited historic Beaufort, but for the most part we just sat on the boat. We didn't take Gertrude out as we were in relaxation mode and I don't think Katie and Tim wanted to be put to work. Ok, I didn't want to be put to work! It was nice just sitting in the sun. The weather was sooo much better than what it was when my parents visited just a few weeks ago. Our entertainment was old man Charles focusing in on the little things going on in the marina.
"Meg, who is that out there."
"Out where babe?"
"Out there in the sound, that boat, who is that?"
"I have no idea Charles."
Tim looks at Charles like he has lost his mind.
"Meg, looks like Mr. Brown is checking his sails"
"Meg, looks like Mr. Brown is checking his sails"
...Megan ignores him.
"Meg, look over there, Mr. Brown has his sails up"
"Hmm (thinking the entire time, oh my God, we need to increase our entertainment budget)"
"I wonder if Pete is back from diving (Pete works at the Marina). Meg, can you get the binoculars."
So, Charles may be turning into a crazy old boat man, but to his defense things are quiet here. And I love it!!!!!!!! We have a lot of time to devote to the fossil business, and a ton of time to devote to thinking. Just watching the surroundings and thinking. A few weeks ago we had dolphoins swimming in our "yard" every evening. We will spend our relaxing days planning our next grand adventure. Life will definitly be full of excitment then.
Below: Timmy in the cockpit. Katie wouldn't let me put her picture up!
No comments:
Post a Comment