"Remember when the souks in Morocco kept calling Tim 'Ali Babba', that was funny, right."
We have enjoyed sailing the coast of Spain. It has been abosulutely beautiful. We were in Ibiza last week. Its known for its clubbing. After the previous paragraph I am sure you can assume we did not hit the club scene. I know, I know, when in Rome. But it was 75 euro to get in per person. I am sorry, I am so over that. Even if it would have been an experience. I always say spend your money on experiences, or maybe my Dad said that, anyway! Clubbing was not in the plan. Especially since the whole scene seemed a little contrived, fake, made up...blah blah.
We have been in Mallorca the past several days. It is BEAUTIFUL here! Everywhere we sail the geography grabs a hold of us and sucks us into it. It reminds me a little of the Azore Islands. You can look back throug the blog and see if my memory is right.
We are starving. Please send money.
The Med is a bit chaotic. We have lived in Charleston for the past several years and the boaters are pretty polite. You get the occasional drunk bubba, but for the most part folks give you space, they respect the no wake zones, etc. In the Med, there are no 'no wake zones'. Huge motor yachts will come within 15 feet of Gertrude at about 10 knts; throwing the poor girl into a tizzy (not to mention the bruises it gives me!). They will hurl themselves through anchorages at even higher speeds. In side all of this craziness there are children learning to sail, swim, windsurf, kayak. It gives me a heart attack! Insane.
And in our current anchorage the icing was put on the figurative cake...see below!
No comments:
Post a Comment