The Rock.
Tim and Katie arrived a few hours later. They met as at Lord Nelson’s Bar. It’s decorated with sailing paraphernalia and looks like a boat inside. We felt right at home. When I first saw Tim and Katie walked through the door, I started crying. My emotions totally caught me off guard. I was not expecting a good cry. We were both so happy to see friends.
We had a couple drinks and went back to the hotel where we all got a great night sleep. It was our first night off the boat in two months, and their first night sleeping after the initial jet lag crush.
Katie and Tim after a long trip!
The next day we took the cable car up to the top of the Rock of Gibraltar. The Rock had great views of the Strait, a ton of monkeys (creepy), and incredible caves. We were all a bit frightened of the critters. I have seen wild monkeys in Costa Rica, but these suckers were huge, and not afraid to grab your arm and bite. Some poor German tourist figured that out as soon as we walked off the cable car. I managed to get a picture with one not too far away, but I was afraid at any moment that fat monkey was going to jump on my head.
Richard Dean Anderson, Megan, and Tim.
"I just bit a tourist"
Baby monkey. Katie tried to put him in her purse.
Happy Family
Megan and the fat monkey.
"If she gets any closer I am going to jump on her fat head."
Katie and Tim took most of these pix so I must give them creative credit!
No comments:
Post a Comment