Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gertrude's Home

We are so lucky to have found such a wonderful marina to live in while we make our preperations for our trip. Dataw Island Marina is the friendliest marina on the east coast. We have learned so much from those around us that I can't imagine being were we are today had we been somewhere else. Our neighbors Mike, Frank (x2), Carol, Ken, Mark, John, David, Jessie, Steve, Alan, Cindy, Chip, Adam were always willing to answer a question, offer a spare part, or a helping hand.


The folks who work at the marina have also been incredible. Ben, Willy, Paul, Dennis, Carol, Ken, Conrad, Rick, Tony, Pete are all great individuals each with their own boating experiences. Not only did they go above and beyond to help us out with Gertrude, but they made us feel welcome. Dataw Island may be far from the beaten path, but if I chose marina life there is no place I would rather be.





South Carolina Paradise! Dataw Island Marina

No comments: